The New Brunswick Community Farmers' Market supports the development of a sustainable community by bringing healthy food from local farms to families and households across the city. View our recent mentions in the press to find out where we're making a difference.
Our mission is to ensure that all members of our community have access to healthy food. We strive to create healthy habits that last a lifetime, and to nourish New Brunswick from the ground up.
When you shop with us, you support New Jersey farmers, and your New Brunswick neighbors.
The New Brunswick Community Farmers Market (NBCFM) is a project in partnership with the City of New Brunswick, Rutgers Cooperative Extension, and Johnson & Johnson.
Save Money at the Farmers Market
- At the New Brunswick Community Farmers Market, we accept federal food assistance benefits for all allowable items! And, when you shop with your SNAP/EBT card, WIC checks, or SFMNP checks, we’ll give you Market Bucks, special vouchers that you can use for FREE fruits and vegetables at the market! For every dollar you spend, you’ll receive a dollar in Market Bucks, up to $10 per market day.
- Everyone can earn Market Bucks with a Market Card, our way of rewarding you for shopping with us, learning with us, and giving us feedback on your experience at the market. Ask us about the Market Card at the market information table.
What’s Available at the Farmers Market
- Our markets offer a variety of local products, including fresh produce, baked goods, ready-to-eat prepared foods, gifts, and much more.
- At each of our locations, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in nutrition education lessons. Learn about incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your meals, safely preparing meats and poultry, proper food storage techniques, and much more.
- We also offer children’s activities, health screenings, taste tests, and other fun activities at each of our markets. Stay up-to-date by signing up for our weekly e-newsletter.
Recent mentions in the press
You can find us at: